No matter what you drive – SUV, pick up truck, sports car, sedan, or cross-over,- when you go in for repairs or service, you want the job done right.
The following steps can help you find that perfect auto repair shop. It is wise to start looking around for a suitable repair facility before you need one; you can make better decisions when you are not in an emergency situation.
- Find a shop for your brand of car – Read your owner’s manual to become familiar with your vehicle and service schedule. Make sure that the shop services cars like yours on a regular basis.
- Ask your family and friends – If your friends have a shop they have been going to for years and they are honest and do quality work, that is a good place to begin.
- Pay Attention to online reviews and word-of-mouth – Research the location, by going on the Internet and looking up that shop to see what other people have to say about it. Online reviews are often a great cross section of past customer experience.
- Go by and look at the facility – Nothing beats an in-person visit to the repair shop. Look for a neat, well organized facility, with vehicles in the parking lot equal in value to your own and modern tools and equipment in the service bays.
- Check for certifications – SMOG work requires special certification and licensing, and there are other organizations who certify auto repair businesses. Look for a shop which has been certified for the type of work you need.
- Ask about written policies and warranties – All policies, labor rates, guarantees, methods of payment, should be clearly posted and explained to your satisfaction.
- Make sure the shop is convenient – Remember that you will need to drop off your vehicle on occasion for some work or repairs. If the shop is good otherwise, but inconvienient that may not be the best choice. (EAT Auto offers free pickup and drop-off service)
Escondido Auto Tech offers routine maintenance based on manufacturer’s service intervals without requiring vehicle owners to pay dealer prices. Services are often required at regular intervals. Escondido Auto Tech will send you car service reminders via email so you don’t miss a routine maintenance check.
To learn more about how Escondido Auto Tech can save you money on routine maintenance costs, visit eatauto.com or call 760-745-4454 for pricing information and to make an appointment.