Your car should receive some basic attention a couple of times throughout the year.
Many vehicle owners think to service their car before taking a trip in summer, and often come to the same conclusion in winter, prior to taking trips to visit relatives or take winter vacations.
In addition to the usual things you think of to get a car ready for a trip, such as tires, air pressure and check fluids, here are some routine maintenance items to look at before years end.
Regularly completing scheduled maintenance items like oil changes, filter changes and tune-ups can also keep your vehicle performing smoothly and getting good fuel economy.
Vehicle manuals often recommend:
• Filter replacement
• Exhaust leaks or rust repair or replacement
• Transmission fluid (or engine oil) changes
• Third member or transfer case fluid changes
• Heater or cooling system inspections
• Timing belts
• Suspension, struts or shock absorbers
• and of course, probably most important – battery condition
Perhaps the most important reason to follow a regular auto maintenance schedule is to preserve the value of your vehicle when it comes time to sell it. If you think that your vehicle is due for routine items, schedule a maintenance check at Escondido Auto Tech at (760) 745-4454 or online at eatauto.com .